To automatically insert two spaces when you use the TAB key:
- In the 'Tab Settings' list, scroll down to 'yaml' and click on it.
- Make sure 'Use default value' is unchecked. Set 'Tab size' to 2 and check 'Replace by space'
- Then click close and Notepad++ will use spaces instead of tab.
The most common problems with config files is spaces or tabs where they do not belong, here are 2 ways to fix this.
- Open the file in Notepad++ then select Edit > Blank Operations > TAB to space,
- Then select Edit > Blank Operations > Trim Trailing Space