First, a little overview of my set up
I have a modded Xbox running XBMC connected via component to a full HD LCD and via optical to a 6.1 home theatre amplifier. My stairwell houses my pride and joy; a Synology DS209 NAS that is DLNA compliant.
If you're using a media player of any sort to display your photos on your television, I've found that the best way to slideshow these (in the most logical order), is to have them play chronologically.
What you'll need (you may not require all of them so read the whole article before downloading)
- A copy of the excellent and free Lupas Rename 2000 (V5)
- A compiled version of FFMPEG for Windows
- A copy of Jhead.exe
- Download and install Lupas Rename 2000
- In the bottom left corner there's a tab marked "Name". We are going to use the "replace with the text" feature as shown above
- Copy the following text and paste it (using Ctrl + V) into the "replace with the text" box
- Use the folder icon highlighted in RED to navigate to the folder with your images in it.
- If you have multiple folders underneath your DCIM folder (common), select the DCIM (or root folder) and then select the recursive mode icon highlighted in yellow
- Select one of your photos in the left pane. It should show you a preview of the new name to the right as shown
- If happy, highlight all of your photos and click Rename